Flex your fundraising muscles and prepare to be a #HistoryMaker on March 16, 2022 – you literally have a #MillionReasonsToRun!
GivenGain in partnership with John Hancock (126th Boston Marathon sponsor) and the Boston Athletic Association (marathon organizers), are aiming for an all-time one-day fundraising record for the event, pledging big prizes for donors and fundraisers who help them achieve the feat.
Marius Maré of GivenGain, the official fundraising partner of the Boston Marathon (2021 – 2025), says the mid-March challenge aims to raise more than $1.3 million on GivenGain through current and new donors as well as fundraisers of the 126th Boston Marathon.
“We are calling on all runners, charities and donors to come to the party with fundraising appeals, giving freely and spreading the word about this record-setting philanthropic day.”
To break the previous record, set as part of the Boston Marathon on Giving Tuesday in 2017, the goal is to raise a minimum of $1,232,764 for charity partners in one day (March 16th).
In 2021, an incredible $27.1 million was raised as part of the historic 125th Boston Marathon through the charity programs of the event organizers and partners as well as participants, who raised more than $12.1m in donations from their personal networks through GivenGain.
The event had an in-person field of 20,000 runners from all 50 US states and 104 countries, while another 22,887 joined virtually over the marathon weekend, making this a true collective effort to support non-profits after their income nose-dived during the coronavirus pandemic.
“After two years of very challenging conditions for charities, we’re expecting thousands of fundraisers to outdo themselves while rallying behind a great cause or causes of their choosing this year,” Marius says.
“Reach out to your networks far and wide – it will all help to turn the corner for a cause that needs it.”
The event partners and organizers have pledged some awesome prizes for top fundraisers and randomly selected winners.
John Hancock has pledged $10,000 to be divided among the top 3 fundraisers:
- First place: $3,000 matching donation
- Second place: $2,000 matching donation
- Third place: $1,000 matching donation
In addition, eight randomly selected fundraisers who raise at least $1,000 will win $500 each.
In the B.A.A./GivenGain pledge, fundraisers raising at least $2,500 will enter a draw to win a Boston Travel Package consisting of:
- A $500 JetBlue gift card
- A $500 Marriott Hotels & Resorts gift card
- A $500 Amex Gift Card
In addition, any fundraiser who raises more than $2,500 will get a History Maker tee.
To participate in the #MillionDollarChallenge, fundraisers must register as a fundraiser on https://www.givengain.com/ or log in and start a new project on https://www.givengain.com/ad/projects/ or donate to any one of the amazing charities at https://www.givengain.com/e/126th-boston-marathon/
Prize draw terms and conditions:
1. The promoter is: The Boston Athletic Association whose registered office is at 185 Dartmouth St, 6th Floor; Boston, MA 02116 and the GivenGain Foundation US whose registered office is at 1000 Waterford Way Suite 940, Miami, FL 33126.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United States and Canada, except employees of the Boston Athletic Association and The GivenGain Foundations or their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organization or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Routes to entry for the competition and details of how to enter can be found here: Any 126th Boston Marathon fundraiser who donates or fundraises $2500 or more between the dates and times specified below will be entered to win a Boston Experience prize pack to include a $500 JetBlue gift card, a $500 Marriott gift card and a $500 American Express gift card sponsored by GivenGain. All offline donations do not count towards incentive.
And, every donation of $100 or more between the dates and times specified below will qualify you to win one of three prize packages to include; two (2) tickets to the VIP experience for the 126th Boston Marathon, one (1) 2022 B.A.A. Distance Medley registration and one (1) $150 Adidas gift card sponsored by the Boston Athletic Association. All offline donations do not count towards incentive.
6. Only one entry will be accepted per fundraiser. Multiple entries from the same donor will be accepted.
7. Starting date for entry is March 16, 2022, 12:01am EST. Closing date for entry will be March 16, 2022, 11:59pm EST. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: To enter the competition and prize draw, fundraisers for the 126th Boston Marathon must launch their fundraising campaigns on https://www.givengain.com/e/126th-boston-marathon/ or donate to any fundraisers campaign page on https://www.givengain.com/e/126th-boston-marathon/.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prizes are as stated in point five (5). No cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
14. The winners will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winners when and the prize will be delivered.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by US law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United States of America.
19. The winners agree to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winners or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current US data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20. The winner’s name will be available within 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.