Did you know that one in three donations to charity are made in December? This festive season is the perfect chance to give back to our favourite charities after a difficult year. Here are just some of the creative ways you can raise money on GivenGain over the holidays.
- Livestream virtual carol singing! With our new livestreaming widget, you can host an evening of Christmas songs for your friends and family from your sofa – and round up donations through your livestreaming platform!
- We’ve been enjoying virtual runs all through this year – but now they’re Christmas-themed! This December, track your activity to help Rudolph get to Lapland in the Great Reindeer Roundup.
The whole family can help to complete a 14,000 km journey around the Arctic Circle, meeting up with Santa’s reindeer along the way. The event’s nominated charity is Children’s Cancer & Leukaemia Group, so by donating or fundraising you can help to change the future for all children with cancer.
- Ask for donations instead of Christmas presents this year by setting up a fundraising project and adding the link to your Christmas list. Or if you’re struggling to find the perfect present for someone on your list, make a donation to charity in their name! It’s the gift that keeps on giving.
- Give out handmade Christmas cards in exchange for a donation to charity – or go a step further and replace Christmas cards with donations. The money you save on stamps can go to good causes instead!
- Host a Christmas sweater party or bobble hat day for your friends, classmates or coworkers – and ask for donations to take part.
- Donate a virtual Santa shoebox. The Santa Shoebox Project provides underprivileged children in rural South Africa with essential items each Christmas. A donation of R400 / £20 / $26 will provide a shoebox containing items such as toothpaste, soap, stationery and toys – and they even pack and deliver it for you!
- Why cut down a Christmas tree when you can plant one instead? Fund a tree in one of Greenpop’s forest restoration projects and receive a personalised digital tree certificate to send as a gift.
- Remember that charities will still need our help after Christmas! Why not make it your New Year’s resolution to make a difference? Start 2021 strong with a fundraising project.
Want even more inspiration for your festive giving? Check out our list of virtual fundraising ideas that you can do all year round!