Are you ready to make history on #BostonMarathonGivingDay?
Today, in partnership with the Boston Athletic Association and event sponsors John Hancock, GivenGain aims to smash the Boston Marathon’s one-day fundraising record in aid of hundreds of brilliant Boston-area charities.
The number to beat is $1,232,763 – the record set on Giving Tuesday 2017 – and if you need extra motivation, we’ve also got some great prizes on offer for fundraisers and donors!
Here’s how we can do it:
- If you haven’t done so already, start a fundraising project for any of the 234 partner charities of the 126th Boston Marathon.
- Share your project with your friends, family and co-workers through email, social media and in offline materials using your project’s QR code. Don’t forget to use the #BostonMarathonGivingDay hashtag on all social media platforms to connect with donors around the world!
- Shared your project? Share it again. Regular reminders throughout the day will get your message out to the widest audience.
Raise at least $2,500 on GivenGain today, Wednesday, March 16th and you’ll be automatically entered into a prize drawing for a Boston Travel Package containing:
- $500 JetBlue gift card
- A $500 Marriott Hotels & Resorts gift card
- A $500 Amex gift card
Prizes are courtesy of the Boston Athletic Association and GivenGain. Every fundraiser who donates or fundraises $2,500 or more on GivenGain will also receive a sweet History Makers tee.
On top of that, John Hancock has generously pledged to donate $10,000 in matching funds to the day’s top official charity fundraisers!
- First place: $3,000 matching donation
- Second place: $2,000 matching donation
- Third place: $1,000 matching donation
Plus, eight randomly selected official charity fundraisers who raise at least $1,000 will each win a $500 donation. Don’t forget to keep checking the leader board throughout the day to see how you’re doing.
- If you’re looking to make a difference, there’s no time like now! For every donation of $100 or more that you make to an official Boston Marathon charity partner, you’ll receive one entry into our donor prize drawing. You could win a prize pack consisting of two (2) finish line tickets to the 126th Boston Marathon, a 2022 Distance Medley entry and a $150 adidas gift card!
- Make some noise! The more buzz we can create together, the better our chances of reaching our goal. Share your donations and shout about your chosen charities on social media.
You can do this! Follow us on social media for live updates all day and check #BostonMarathonGivingDay to see what your fellow fundraisers are up to.
Prize draw terms and conditions:
1. The promoter is: The Boston Athletic Association whose registered office is at 185 Dartmouth St, 6th Floor; Boston, MA 02116 and the GivenGain Foundation US whose registered office is at 1000 Waterford Way Suite 940, Miami, FL 33126.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United States and Canada, except employees of the Boston Athletic Association and The GivenGain Foundations or their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organization or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Routes to entry for the competition and details of how to enter can be found here: Any 126th Boston Marathon fundraiser who donates or fundraises $2500 or more between the dates and times specified below will be entered to win a Boston Experience prize pack to include a $500 JetBlue gift card, a $500 Marriott gift card and a $500 American Express gift card sponsored by GivenGain. All offline donations do not count towards incentive.
And, every donation of $100 or more between the dates and times specified below will qualify you to win one of three prize packages to include; two (2) tickets to the VIP experience for the 126th Boston Marathon, one (1) 2022 B.A.A. Distance Medley registration and one (1) $150 Adidas gift card sponsored by the Boston Athletic Association. All offline donations do not count towards incentive.
6. Only one entry will be accepted per fundraiser. Multiple entries from the same donor will be accepted.
7. Starting date for entry is March 16, 2022, 12:01am EST. Closing date for entry will be March 16, 2022, 11:59pm EST. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: To enter the competition and prize draw, fundraisers for the 126th Boston Marathon must launch their fundraising campaigns on https://www.givengain.com/e/126th-boston-marathon/ or donate to any fundraisers campaign page on https://www.givengain.com/e/126th-boston-marathon/.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prizes are as stated in point five (5). No cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
14. The winners will be notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winners when and the prize will be delivered.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by US law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United States of America.
19. The winners agree to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winners or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current US data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20. The winner’s name will be available within 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com.
21. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.